4coder»Forums
Steve Olsen
19 posts / 1 project
None
Emacs like config
Anybody have some 4coder bindings they wrote that are similar to the emacs defaults? I don't know that I can retrain my fingers so I'll probably be almost exactly copying the emacs defaults for things but I figure I'm not the only one and somebody may have already done it. If not maybe I'll have something to share in a bit.
1 posts / 2 projects
Emacs like config
hey, im just now learning about 4coder and this was the first question I had as well. wondering if you found or wrote emacs style bindings for 4coder?
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
Emacs like config
I don't have anything like this yet, and I don't recall anyone else ever sharing one either. It should be achievable, although the multiple key-stroke commands aren't built in to 4coder like they are in emacs.
plb
9 posts
Emacs like config
FWIW I quit Emacs cold turkey and while learning new key bindings was painful, the duration required was actually quite short -- only a couple of weeks, really -- because "normal" keybindings are so much more ubiquitous across applications (e.g. ctrl+x/c/v to cut/copy/paste) that seemingly everything I did reinforced the new keystrokes.

Not to dissuade you from creating a set of Emacs bindings, that would certainly be a useful endeavor that I'm sure many people would appreciate!