4coder » Forums » [Behavior] any key combo using { or [ doesn't allow to trigger ALT, SHIFT or CONTROL at the same time on german keyboard layout in windows (10)
robby
Robert Stadtmüller
25 posts
#11149 [Behavior] any key combo using { or [ doesn't allow to trigger ALT, SHIFT or CONTROL at the same time on german keyboard layout in windows (10)
3 weeks, 5 days ago

Hi Allen,

unfortunately, some of the "Fancy Editing in Code Files" don't work for me, because I have to use ALT_GR to type letters like {,[ etc. (see image). So I can't trigger the CONTROL key to trigger CONTROL+{ or CONTROL+[.

Using the ALT_GR key disables the recognition of the CONTROL, ALT and SHIFT keypresses.

Is there a way to change those shortcuts or a workaround other than changing my keyboard layout?

Thank you!

--
whoop yo programming up!
Mr4thDimention
Allen Webster
206 posts
2 projects

Heyo

#11155 [Behavior] any key combo using { or [ doesn't allow to trigger ALT, SHIFT or CONTROL at the same time on german keyboard layout in windows (10)
3 weeks, 5 days ago

There is no solution right now, and I am actually not sure what to do about this. Any suggestions?
mmozeiko
Mārtiņš Možeiko
1253 posts
1 project
#11157 [Behavior] any key combo using { or [ doesn't allow to trigger ALT, SHIFT or CONTROL at the same time on german keyboard layout in windows (10)
3 weeks, 5 days ago Edited by Mārtiņš Možeiko on March 3, 2017, 11:47 p.m.

What kind of german keyboard layout is that? I cannot get my Win10 to have such layout when I install german layout.

Edit: ignore that. I managed to install same layout. Can confirm that WM_CHAR won't work in this case.

I guess one option would be to switch to raw input and translate to chars manually. But keep the ctrl/alt/shift info from rawinput.
Another option would be to for user to customize shortcuts based on his keyboard layout - whatever is easier is for his current layout.