4coder » Forums » Indent Settings
PsyKing
Anthony Smith
7 posts

Mwahahaha

#11158 Indent Settings
3 weeks, 5 days ago

Is there a way to customize the tab or autoindent sizing or are settings for that in the works?

I see what I wish to see and complain about that which I don't.
Mr4thDimention
Allen Webster
206 posts
2 projects

Heyo

#11159 Indent Settings
3 weeks, 5 days ago

There is no such setting if you are talking about the virtual whitespace system, but I have been wanting to add that so if that's what you mean I'll try to bump it up the todo list.

If you mean the indenter for the actual text and you have access to the customization code, the in 4coder_auto_indent.cpp you will see "#define DEF_TAB_WIDTH 4" on line 23. By setting that you can adjust how many spaces are given to an indentation. There is also DEFAULT_INDENT_FLAGS you can set that to any of the options listed here: Indent Flag Docs.
PsyKing
Anthony Smith
7 posts

Mwahahaha

#11160 Indent Settings
3 weeks, 5 days ago Edited by Anthony Smith on March 4, 2017, 12:19 a.m.

Mr4thDimention:
There is no such setting if you are talking about the virtual whitespace system, but I have been wanting to add that so if that's what you mean I'll try to bump it up the todo list.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. It would be awesome if it was something that we could set programmatically at runtime instead of at compile time.

Mr4thDimention:
If you mean the indenter for the actual text and you have access to the customization code, the in 4coder_auto_indent.cpp you will see "#define DEF_TAB_WIDTH 4" on line 23. By setting that you can adjust how many spaces are given to an indentation. There is also DEFAULT_INDENT_FLAGS you can set that to any of the options listed here: Indent Flag Docs.

Great! Now I know how that works... Does 4coder default to using spaces instead of tabs for the autoindent?

Mr4thDimention
Allen Webster
206 posts
2 projects

Heyo

#11161 Indent Settings
3 weeks, 5 days ago

Yeah I want to build out the code flowing stuff some more, the current version still has some rough edges. I plan to work on it once Unicode support is good.

Yes 4coder uses space by default.
PsyKing
Anthony Smith
7 posts

Mwahahaha

#11165 Indent Settings
3 weeks, 4 days ago

Mr4thDimention:
Yeah I want to build out the code flowing stuff some more, the current version still has some rough edges. I plan to work on it once Unicode support is good.

Alright. Are settings that will allow us to specify how we want some things autoindented or not autoindented planned as well?

Mr4thDimention
Allen Webster
206 posts
2 projects

Heyo

#11166 Indent Settings
3 weeks, 4 days ago

Yes the plan is to make the indentation rule pretty flexible, perhaps on par with emacs' own indentation customizations.