4coder»Forums
19 posts
Syntax highlighting
Hi,

Firstly, thanks for the great editor, and I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.

I would like to be able to set a list of words that 4coder will treat as types and show them in orange in the same way it does for int. For example if I typedef an int32 it would be nice to be able to highlight it the same way.

Is that possible?

thanks,

Simon

Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
Syntax highlighting
That's a fine question. No 4coder is missing that feature right now. I'd like to add it soon, but I think my TODO list for 4.0.18 is already too long, so I can't squeeze it in for the next version. I will probably follow up 4.0.18 with a build devoted to detail oriented concerns like this one, and I'll make sure keyword customization is on my todo list for that build.
19 posts
Syntax highlighting
Ok great, thanks!
19 posts
Syntax highlighting
A slight update to this request having thought about it a bit more.

Instead of just having a customisable keyword list all of which will be shown the same way, ideally it would be great to specify a list of words and set a colour for each one.
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
Syntax highlighting
Edited by Allen Webster on
That's a good thought, and I think that it could reasonably be done for the next build. Thanks for the idea!
Christopher McLaughlin
8 posts
Syntax highlighting
Was this feature ever added? I can't find any documentation about where to define a custom color for a given word.
Simon Anciaux
1337 posts
Syntax highlighting
Check out "Customization layer - getting started", near the end of the first post.
You can define keywords to be highlighted, but you can't choose which color they'll be (they will all be the same color).
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
Syntax highlighting
I may have misunderstood or forgotten about this back in the day, but someone just recently brought it up in a different thread, and I've put it on my todo list this time so there's no missing it. I plan to touch the color palette stuff in a few other ways anyway, so it seems like a good time to add arbitrary color freedom for keywords.