4coder»Forums
Rafael
6 posts
Beginner stuff :shy:
Hello!

i've recently started using 4coder for programming (i'm not that good either, just starting so i don't really understand 90% of the things i've read when searching for this :shy:) and i was trying to setup something that i could use to call 4coder from terminal but I'm struggling to do what i intended(I've tried google/forum search before asking this)

my code.bat
start "a" "C:\4coder\4ed.exe" -W 

it does like.. 90% of what i want :P..
But if i try to use
code +filename
it doesn't do anything, is there a way that i could make it work?

TL;DR -> i can use from terminal
vim filename.cpp
but i can't
4coder filename.cpp

any tips on how to implement it?
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
First I'll tell you what I think you're saying you want, to make sure we're on the same page.

It sounds to me like you want to have it setup so you can input:
4coder filename.cpp

And have your batch script run 4ed.exe with that filename like this:
start "a" "C:\4coder\4ed.exe" -W filename.cpp

Is this what you're looking for? If not ignore everything I say next and clarify for me.

What you need to do for that is use "%*" I am not sure what that thing is called but what it does is take ALL of the parameters after the batch script and repeat them. So your script would look like this:

start "a" "C:\4coder\4ed.exe" -W %*

This also means if you ever want two or more files to work, that is possible too:
4coder f1.cpp f2.cpp f3.cpp

would execute the command:
start "a" "C:\4coder\4ed.exe" -W f1.cpp f2.cpp f3.cpp

ALSO, I should point out that in some versions of 4coder the mechanism that organized the load time files gets broken. I am not sure if it working perfectly in 4.0.21, so your script might be working but still look broken depending on that factor.
Rafael
6 posts
yes exactly as you understood, sorry if my explanation was bad, i couldn't really find words to describe it :tears

yes and your solution worked perfectly for me, thank you very much <3

sorry for the noob question :tears: