We are currently in the process of converting the website to the new design. Some pages, like this one, are still broken. We appreciate your patience.
4coder»Forums
Lachlan Easton
14 posts
Technically a Programmer
Wishlist and bugs
My little list of bugs and wishes I've been jotting down when using 4coder

- search all open buffers does not work if search view is selected [4coder_search.cpp:565 buffer should be buffer_it]
- the I-search dialogue obscures the top line of the file. Especially sucks when trying to I-search through the search buffer
- selection should stop at last element in the color edit screen (press down when Bar Pop 2 is selected, it will then deselect everything)
- ctrl+shift+o (reopen file) doesn't refresh virtual whitespace
- wish: list all commands/bindings command
- wish: proper tab stops
- wish: tab options in config
- The numpad enter/return should work in confirmation dialogues (check on Mac, seems to work on Windows)
- * template<...> should not cause indentation on the following line
- * C++ lambdas break indentation
- * indentation is completely messed up when code wrapping is turned off. This seems to be the issue that was also mentioned on the forum
- absorb statement into scope does not re-adjust indentation
- wish: some indication on whether compilation was successful or not. Some projects have lots of compilation output so I have to manually scroll down through the compilation window to see if there's errors
- related: if I press alt+n to go to next error during compilation if there are not errors at the time but are errors *after* pressing alt+n then alt+n/alt+N will not work unless I recompile again without pressing alt+n
- ctrl+shift+D to delete current line doesn't work on last line of the file
- alt+2 to switch between source/header shouldn't hijack the compilation window
- There should be a warning (or if there is one it should be more obvious) if more than one theme file shares the same name. I spent a fair bit of time scratching my head over why my theme wasn't loading.
- wish: alt+x needs some work: tab completion, cut/paste, movable cursor, cycle through history, you shouldn't need the output window open (or whatever it's called) to be told that a command is unknown.
- font families should be listed in alphabetical order
- crash when trying to open too many files with `open code recursive`, I forgot to save a crash dump so that will have to wait until Monday

* = (appears to have been fixed in recent version, will check on Mac on Monday)
nj
26 posts
Wishlist and bugs
Edited by nj on
I'll confirm:
delete_line and duplicate_line does not work on the last line in the buffer.
jump to the next error before finishing compilation requiers to recompile in order to jump again.

Also,
bug: list_all_locations (and it's other versions) returns an empty buffer if the search buffer already exists.
wish: undo tree or a semiliar non-destructive way of undoing (emacs undo tree plugin had helped me alot in the past).
1 posts
Wishlist and bugs
There is also bug where pressing alt T on a white space character crashes 4coder.