4coder»Forums
xel
18 posts
presses plastic buttons for fun
Any progress on fixing this bug?
Referring to the bug where upon minimization 4coder stops rendering and the screen goes white. Its really my only annoyance with 4coder, otherwise everything else is awesome.
Simon Anciaux
1337 posts
Never had that bug.
Did you report it to [email protected] ? If you didn't Allen may not know about it.

Nothing to do with it, but it would help everybody if you'd be more precise in the thread title.
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
Unfortunately there hasn't been any progress here. I haven't had it reported in a while so I thought maybe it had stopped happening. The main issue is it seems to happen on intel graphics cards which I do not have, I've tried to get help from people who do have this issue, but I stopped getting updates on it eventually and I assumed it might have been resolved by some clean up I did. If you have any way to gather more information on it that would help.
Adam Lewis
1 posts
Hi Allen,

I've experienced this issue. After minimizing the whole window it renders completely white. If I maximise the window it then starts rendering completely black. I have an Intel graphics card (integrated graphics)
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
Edited by Allen Webster on
Hi.

No I've still got no idea what the issue is. I do know it has something to do with intel graphics, but that's it. I talked to people at intel a while back, but I didn't get anywhere.

I'll probably take a careful look at it soon since I've set December aside for cleaning things up and testing things. When I work on sectioning off the rendering layer I will take a look at this.
robert
3 posts
Edited by robert on Reason: added some info about the machine
Hi Allen,

I have this same issue. When I minimize 4coder, and then restore it, I just have a fully black screen (It just has the windows titlebar for a window and that's it) I am running the 4.0.14 Super! build.

The laptop I am running on has the following display adapters:
AMD Radeon HD 7650M
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Or well that is what the Device Manager tells me. My knowledge of what cards are used when or how is low at best, so let me know if I should list more/other info.

Other info that might be handy:
Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i5-3230M
8GB of internal memomy
64 bit
(It is a HP Probook 4740s)

If you need any more information, or if you want me to test some things, do let me know, I am more then willing to provide more information if I can.

P.s. Should I also send this in a mail? or is this post the preferred method?

Robert - OMG A Giant Rock
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
Posting here is quite alright, since this thread is devoted to this bug.

Thanks for the new info.