4coder»Forums
ste
2 posts
Font Size
Hello everyone,
just a simple question. Do i need the "super" version of 4coder in order to beeing able to change the font size?

thanks,
Stefano.
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
Font Size
You should be able to change font size in the regular version as well. The only method that exists for changing font size right now is on the command line pass it a "4ed -f #".

If you're running 4coder by double clicking you'll need to set up a batch script or something like that.
ste
2 posts
Font Size
Edited by ste on
Oh yeah!
it works!! thank you very much Allen. And thank you for your amazing work!
Scott Hunt
41 posts
Father, Thinker, Mechanical Engineer @NASA, and C/C++ Hobby Enthusiast / @TexxStudio
Font Size
Allen, sorry dumb question but can't get this working in 4.0.20 or 4.0.19.

Batch script:
@echo off
start E:\Programming\Tools\4Coder\4ed.exe "-F -S -f 10"

The -F and -S commands have worked fine for awhile now, but I can't seem to get the -f command working. It very easily could be my confusion with commands in batch scripts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott
Mārtiņš Možeiko
2559 posts / 2 projects
Font Size
Try removing quotes. Usually if you put arguments in quotes they will passed in same argument as one long string.
Alex Baines
44 posts / 2 projects
Font Size
I think a similar question popped up on IRC the other day, and this was what worked:
start /b "" "E:\Programming\Tools\4coder\4ed.exe" -F -S -f 10

Scott Hunt
41 posts
Father, Thinker, Mechanical Engineer @NASA, and C/C++ Hobby Enthusiast / @TexxStudio
Font Size
Martins and Alex, thanks a bunch, works great. Have a great weekend.
8 posts
Font Size
Hi,

I Stumbled across this post because I am working on a Macbook pro with retina display and I was finding it hard to read the text at the default font size.

It appears that opening 4coder with 4ed -F -f 29 (and other numbers above 29) seems to cause a crash.

It is also probably worth noting that even though its a Macbook I am running Windows 10.

Is this a known issue? or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
Font Size
McMassiveNZ:

No that just sounds like a bug. I occasionally run it with "-f 64" without a problem, so whatever is going wrong is specific to the machine somehow. I did a lot of font cleanup in the last few days, including lots of work to make the rasterizer bullet proof, so it might already be fixed. If you still have the same problem on 4.0.24 when it comes out, email me at [email protected], and I'll investigate more.

Thanks for bringing it up :)
Keenan
3 posts
Font Size
Is this still the only way to increase the font size at the moment?
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
Font Size
Font size can now be changed at run time. (As of 4.0.24 I believe).

There are built in commands <ctrl +> and <ctrl ->
or you can do it on the font menu <alt c> (or <ctrl c> on Mac)

See: http://4coder.net/bindings.html