4coder»Forums
Ryan
9 posts
Repeating key bug? [SOLVED]
Edited by Ryan on Reason: solved
I've run into a strange and annoying problem that started occurring when I started using the latest alpha version of 4coder yesterday. I haven't figured out how to reliably duplicate it, but it has happened at least 3 times already.

Problem: Something seems to be causing the back tick key ` to get repeatedly sent to Windows. No matter which window I pick, the ` key gets sent to the active applications, and the only way to fix it is to hard-reboot.

I'm running Windows 10

Two times it happened after alt-tabbing into 4coder from Opera (looking at MSDN)
Third time it happened, 4coder was open and my computer was asleep. When I woke it up, the key was being reported and I couldn't enter my password because the ` was being pressed.

I took a break from my project for a couple of weeks and just started up working again yesterday. I've never run into this issue before until I started using 4coder again, so I suspect it has something to do with 4coder.

(BTW, I am really enjoying using 4coder...keep up the great work!)
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
Oh man that sounds serious! I'm afraid I have no idea what could be causing that, nothing about 4.0.12 changed how window focus, or input handling are used at all. Here are a few questions:

1. Are you saying it just starts spam inserting the ` character into a buffer and you can't make it stop?
2. When you say you couldn't enter your password because ` was being pressed... you mean on a windows log in screen? If that is the case I will have to admit, I don't even know how that's possible.
3. Have you tried using 4.0.11 again to verify that it doesn't have the issue?

(BTW, thanks, I hope it's not too much of a pain!)
Ryan
9 posts
Well...this is embarrassing. I have a second keyboard connected to my computer that may have had the key pressed. That makes more sense than it being an issue with 4coder or some other software. Don't know why that didn't dawn on me until now >.< Thanks anyway
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
CirdanValen
Well...this is embarrassing. I have a second keyboard connected to my computer that may have had the key pressed. That makes more sense than it being an issue with 4coder or some other software. Don't know why that didn't dawn on me until now >.< Thanks anyway

Ahaha awesome and no worries. I've made very similar mistakes with just one keyboard!