4coder»Forums
Doeke
33 posts
None
prompt a save file before building
In emacs when I press alt + m to build. It prompts me with 'Save file w:/xxx/xxx/xxx.cp? (y, n ...)'.
Now I switched to 4coder I noticed how useful this is. I had several times already I didn't understand the compile errors until I noticed I forgot to save a file.

So I hope this will get in some day.
Jeremiah Goerdt
208 posts / 1 project
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
clankill3r
In emacs when I press alt + m to build. It prompts me with 'Save file w:/xxx/xxx/xxx.cp? (y, n ...)'.
Now I switched to 4coder I noticed how useful this is. I had several times already I didn't understand the compile errors until I noticed I forgot to save a file.

So I hope this will get in some day.

I've setup my vimrc to always save when I build. I'm curious, do you ever want to build before saving?
Doeke
33 posts
None
I've setup my vimrc to always save when I build. I'm curious, do you ever want to build before saving?

Probably not. (As in, I would really like an auto save before build). Maybe there is a case where I don't want a non code file to be saved, but that probably neither.
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
Adding a configuration option for "save all dirty buffers before build" has been on my todo list for a while, but it has never been promoted to the top somehow. I'll get this in in the next build.
5 posts
Am i missing something or are things like this just not documented anywhere?
I know how its done now since i searched through the code; but are there logs or something?
If you open 4coder you wrote that its in now, but not how to use it.
And you wrote its in the config file, but at least the method i use has to be declared in the
project file.

This is no hate; id just like to know if im missing something.

For anyone who wants to know how it works, or at least one way of doing it:
add a forth argument to the fkey commands

example:
fkey_command_linux[1] = {"./build.sh", "*compilation*", true, true};
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
You're not missing anything Benno, the documentation is not spectacular. I try to make up for it by being quick to respond to emails with questions, so you can ask as [email protected] next time something you need isn't clear enough.
5 posts
ok thanks for the info.