4coder»Forums
26 posts
[Request] Using alt+Z should repeat last executed command in the active buffer
Hi Allen,

maybe iam the only one for this, but since i don't use .bat's for now iam using the alt+z and alt+Z command, often with different parameters.

One thing i would like to see if it would be possible when you select a buffer created from the alt+z command, that this command is bound to that specific buffer. And if you set that buffer active that alt+Z would repeat the command bound to this buffer.

Else when pressing alt+Z, when no command is bound to the active buffer, it just should behave as it is now (repeat last command executed and write to the associated buffer).

for example i got 3 buffers created with 3 different commands:

*run programm* "start MyProject"
*delete all *.bin* "del *.bin"
*show bin-files* "dir /a-d *.bin"

now i change them now and then or kill them all together. I know i could do them with .bat files or API, but i dont have the knowledge yet to use the API and the alt+Z command works like sharm.

Please tell me if you think if this is useful or not, thank you!
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
Hey that's not a bad idea! I'll have to think about it but I think that's doable.

An alternative that is already available, which may or may not work for you, is to create a project.4coder. One of the features of the project system is that you can specify commands that the default custom layer associates to the F keys. All you have to do is nagivate to the project file and <alt x> -> 'load project' and the commands set in the project file get bound to the F keys, if you want to change them around you can just edit project.4coder and redo the 'load project'.

At the bottom of this tutorial page you will find a tutorial on setting up a project.4coder file.
26 posts
Hi Allen,

thanks for the advice! I new about project.4coder but i did not think to use it this way. It probably is a better way than i have now (rewriting the command every time i change it).

Thank you!