4coder»Forums
26 posts
Behavior creating new file, file name does not support uppercase letters (windows)
Hi Allen,

when i create a new file with control+n it will not use my case lettering. All filenames created use lower case, even when i put some upper cases while writing them.

Is this intended?

Thanks!
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
Behavior creating new file, file name does not support uppercase letters (windows)
Edited by Allen Webster on
It's more like saving files with original casing is a feature that is still missing. So it's not exactly intentional but it's not exactly a bug either. I plan to fix this up in the next build (at the same time that I am doing the the missing intermediate directories thing).
26 posts
Ok, good to know that it works as intended at the moment :)

This all probably already came up somewhere else, where should I look up those little questions? I tried but could not find the info here in the forums?

Even when I try to find info about why control+1 / control+! to change writing mode does not work for me (ver 4.0.15) I really don't know where to look at first. Where should I go first?

thanks for the advice!

great, snappy and easy to use editor, by the way, I really enjoy it. Also, not installing gigabytes of library files just to edit text files and writing nice formatted code is the biggest win for me. Great work what you do here!
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
The forums is pretty much the only place for such searches but the issue with <ctrl + 1> <ctrl + !> sounds new actually.
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
Edited by Allen Webster on
Actually I just realized that I intentionally took that out. Instead you can do <alt x> "dos lines" and <alt x> "nix lines".
26 posts
Thanks for the info! Then I will stay here to ask questions.