4coder»Forums
26 posts
[Behavior] any key combo using { or [ doesn't allow to trigger ALT, SHIFT or CONTROL at the same time on german keyboard layout in windows (10)
Hi Allen,

unfortunately, some of the "Fancy Editing in Code Files" don't work for me, because I have to use ALT_GR to type letters like {,[ etc. (see image). So I can't trigger the CONTROL key to trigger CONTROL+{ or CONTROL+[.

Using the ALT_GR key disables the recognition of the CONTROL, ALT and SHIFT keypresses.

Is there a way to change those shortcuts or a workaround other than changing my keyboard layout?

Thank you!
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
[Behavior] any key combo using { or [ doesn't allow to trigger ALT, SHIFT or CONTROL at the same time on german keyboard layout in windows (10)
There is no solution right now, and I am actually not sure what to do about this. Any suggestions?
Mārtiņš Možeiko
2559 posts / 2 projects
Edited by Mārtiņš Možeiko on
What kind of german keyboard layout is that? I cannot get my Win10 to have such layout when I install german layout.

Edit: ignore that. I managed to install same layout. Can confirm that WM_CHAR won't work in this case.

I guess one option would be to switch to raw input and translate to chars manually. But keep the ctrl/alt/shift info from rawinput.
Another option would be to for user to customize shortcuts based on his keyboard layout - whatever is easier is for his current layout.