4coder»Forums
Alberto Vaudagna
12 posts
4coder crash immediatly
Probably this is a know issue. I basicly can't get 4coder 4.20 to run on my laptop. It crash as soon as it run. If I debug the excutable i get a divide by zero exception.
On this laptop I have an AMD Dua core processor.
The same version work on my main pc that has a intel cpu.
Thnks, Best regards, Alberto.
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
4coder crash immediatly
What OS?
Alberto Vaudagna
12 posts
4coder crash immediatly
Windows 10 N Redstone 2.
It work fine on my main pc that have insider builds, i guess is not an os problem but I'm not sure about that.
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
4coder crash immediatly
Well startup issues often have to do with the platform layer, but I don't know for sure, it will just be handy to have that info when I look into it.
Alberto Vaudagna
12 posts
4coder crash immediatly
Ya maybye something related to opengl on amd graphics?
Because I can run 4coder on two intel computer (all with win10) but failed only in the one that have AMD in it.
If I can do anything to help you find the issue let me know.
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
4coder crash immediatly
Email me at [email protected]. When I am looking into it I'll send you test builds so you can help me collect more information.

Just to be clear, it worked in 4.0.19?
Alberto Vaudagna
12 posts
4coder crash immediatly
Don't know I used to support you on patron but at the moment I have no money, I can try support for 1$ but this problem is on 5$ support version I don't know if it happen the same thing in that version, so.
I will look if I can find a previous version on my pc later on tonight.
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
4coder crash immediatly
Ahh don't worry about it then. Just send in an email to [email protected] and I'll send you a few other builds to try.
Alberto Vaudagna
12 posts
4coder crash immediatly
Just send you an email.
Abner Coimbre
320 posts
Founder
4coder crash immediatly
I would love to hear how this all ends.
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
4coder crash immediatly
Edited by Allen Webster on
abnercoimbre
I would love to hear how this all ends.

I'm still waiting on confirmation from Alberto that my fix worked, but the problem turned out to be that QueryPerformanceFrequency was returning something smaller than one million. Since I was trying to get an approximate time in milliseconds I just divided by one million with integer division. That would make a 0 on Alberto's machine which later ends up in the denominator and causes a crash. I (think) I fixed it by switching the denominator over to a floating point number.