4coder»Forums
Dan Zaidan
45 posts / 1 project
Game programmer. Creator of Eliosi's Hunt. I share the love I have for making games on my Youtube channel: http://youtube.com/danzaidan
Beginner questions
Hi everybody!

I just got 4coder and I'm super excited to start using it.
I have a couple of new-user questions:

Is there a way (command-line argument?) to launch it maximized (or fullscreen) and already set a path and load a project?

Is there a way to have my program (being executed via a batch file assigned to a function key in the project) output to the *run* buffer?

project:
fkey_command_win[2]  = {"..\\build\\run.bat", "*run*", true};

batch file:
start "" ..\build\first.exe

The run buffer says:
p:\my_project\scr>start "" ..\build\first.exe 
exited with code 0

And I expect it to include the print statements. (Does it require a different setup?)

Thanks!
Dan Zaidan
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
Beginner questions
Edited by Allen Webster on
Hi there!

1. You can pass the flag -F to get immediate fullscreen mode or the flag -W to get an immediately maximized window in windowed mode.

2. In config.4coder, which should be with your 4ed.exe, you can set automatically_load_project to true, and it will search the current directory for project.4coder and load it when you launch 4coder. There is currently no way to force it to use a different directory so your 4ed.exe will need to be in your path so you can run it from another directory easily.

3. The problem you are having with output in the *run* buffer is caused by using start. When you use start in a batch file, it runs the command as a separate process with a separate output stream. One way you could get output from it would be to change your batch file to just say:

@echo off
..\build\first.exe
Dan Zaidan
45 posts / 1 project
Game programmer. Creator of Eliosi's Hunt. I share the love I have for making games on my Youtube channel: http://youtube.com/danzaidan
Beginner questions
Thanks so much for the answers, Allen!

I'm having a blast with 4coder.

Keep up the great work.