4coder»Forums
Rafael
6 posts
Questions! Build&GoToError + Summary view
Edited by Rafael on Reason: Initial post
Q1)tl;dr -> i can only jump to next/prev error if it's the first time i built something, why? (using default build)

proper question :
Hm... recently I've switched to build inside 4coder and i have only 1 "but" : i can build properly, and if there are errors i can jump to then, BUT only if its the first time I'm doing it, if i have recompiled it X times the "jump to error" keeps pointing to what was wrong on the first build and not to the followings attempts

bind(context, 'm', MDFR_ALT, build_in_build_panel);

im using this function ?

Q2)Is it possible to modify the inputs accepted in windows like cmdid_interactive_open_or_new? I've tried using mapid_global and I read about mapid_ui in the document, but it is not defined in the version i own(=/ )

like for example accept MDFR_CTRL on backslash to delete the entire word till the "\"
or cltr+w/s to move up and down instead of the arrows

thanks for the attention =]
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
A1) Hmmm... are you using your own customization? The jump to error system relies on a specific hook for clearing the old jump positions and it sounds like that isn't working.

A2) Not really no, that system isn't properly customizable yet. :/
Rafael
6 posts
Edited by Rafael on
I'm using my own customization yes(i basically only changed hotkeys around didn't really do anything else), but I'm only using default functions for the build itself, do i need anything else?

edit::
i did a "new" seek to get the errors and it worked, but honestly i have no idea how or why???

i used the same seek_jump that was in goto_next_error and it somehow worked .-.

oh well.. thanks for the support! keep up with the awesome program :D
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
Hmmm I can't remember the system off the top of my head. If you want a full answer send your code to [email protected] and I'll probably be able to figure it out.