4coder»Forums
Ryan Fleury
204 posts / 4 projects
Working at Epic Games Tools (RAD). Former Handmade Network lead. Maker of Hidden Grove.
Crash on scope completion (auto formatting issue?)
Edited by Ryan Fleury on Reason: Initial post
Hi there!

I found an issue that was causing a crash and found that it was deterministic and could be replicated across systems. I didn't know about alt+v at the time (and I wish I would've tried it), but I figured it'd be useful to report the issue here anyway.

For those who experience a similar problem, I inserted the closing brace of the scope in an alternate code editing program (Notepad++) and the issue was fixed, at which point I could continue using 4coder without problem.

I actually encountered it while streaming, and managed to save a dump file if it is of any help.

Thanks!
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
I think this one is fixed in the new build, but please let me know if it happens again! I wasn't able to reproduce it in the brief few minutes that I tried, and I already fixed a few similar looking bugs before then, so I don't know it's exact status right now.
Ryan Fleury
204 posts / 4 projects
Working at Epic Games Tools (RAD). Former Handmade Network lead. Maker of Hidden Grove.
Downloaded the new build. I'll let you know if it occurs again- thank you!