4coder»Forums
George Liontos
3 posts
Hiccup while moving to next whitespace
Edited by George Liontos on Reason: Initial post
Hello there! I just bought 4coder and by the way congrats for the good job Allen. I started using 4coder on Linux and there appears to be a "hiccup" or more like freezing when I am holding Ctrl + Down/Up to move fast up and down. Is that something related to Linux or the settings of 4coder?
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
Hmmm that's definitely odd behavior. Could you take a quick video clip of it? It may be a graphical problem, or a performance problem, but I need more information to figure it out.
George Liontos
3 posts
Edited by George Liontos on
Here is a short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYdy2si9aLU

You will see the small freezes that I talk about. Sometimes it freezes completely and continues after some seconds. Also I found out that I have the same kind of freezing to be happening when I navigate the window where you select a file to open or create a new one. Maybe it's related to key repeat frequency?
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
Hmmm the point where it freezes the cursor isn't in view, which suggests to me that it's not a key repeat issue. If it was we would see the cursor just sitting still while the view caught up with it. Instead we see the view, still trying to catch up with the cursor, just stop, which suggests some sort of problem with frame rate or something. I also notice that when it resolves itself, it skips all the way to the end, not smoothly resuming the animation, which suggests that the application continued to run, and the new frames just never went to the screen for some reason.

All I can think is that it might be an issue with graphics drivers/card and linux version, or the window manager. Could you send any and all information of that type you can? If you would prefer to keep it private you could send it to [email protected].