4coder»Forums
Cameron
2 posts
None
Fullscreen help :)
Edited by Cameron on Reason: Initial post
Heya folks.

Just got 4coder a day or two ago. Is there a keystroke for fullscreen?

Thanks!
Jim R. Didriksen
63 posts
Press Alt + x , then you write "toggle fullscreen" and press enter. :)

If you bought the full version you can add a key combo in the custom layer.

This is the mapping I use. (see "4coder_generated\remapping.h")
   bind(context, key_page_up, MDFR_CTRL, toggle_fullscreen);

But be aware I have also commented out this one, since I don't use it and they would crash/clash.
   bind(context, key_page_up, MDFR_CTRL, goto_beginning_of_file);
Cameron
2 posts
None
Edited by Cameron on
Thank you jim0! I tried a guess of `alt+x + toggle_fullscreen` with the underscore as I saw this function on the API list, never thought to try without.

I did indeed buy the full version. Though, I'm having some trouble finding documentation on exactly how to set up custom key combos, etc. I have looked over the function list on the 4coder website as well as the bindings, but the process of actually using the the API in a way that 4coder can consume is still lost on me.

Admittedly, I've just wanted to get work done and haven't tried very hard to get that part working just yet. If you (or anyone) has suggestions, I'd be very appreciative!
Jim R. Didriksen
63 posts
If all you want to add is a key combo to toggle fullscreen you can go in to the file "4coder_generated\remapping.h" and add a line like this (or using other keys, remember to disable or change those bindings that only use the PageUp key if you use this combo)

key_page_up being the PageUp key and
MDFT_CTRL being the Ctrl key and
toggle_fullscreen begin the function that would be called.

bind(context, key_page_up, MDFR_CTRL, toggle_fullscreen);

Then after that you run buildsuper and restart 4ed.exe

There are some video tutorials on Allen's Youtube channel but other than that and http://4coder.net/custom_docs.html I don't know of much more documentation, personally I learned most of how to change and what to change by just reading the code and watching some of his streams, and making simple customizations starting with copies of Allen's functions from the custom layer.
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
Hey folks!

Thanks for helping on this thread Jim! I've just gotten back from a vacation so I'll just chime in to say that all of Jim's advice is correct and good, also check out this thread https://4coder.handmade.network/f...ion_layer_-_getting_started#15720

That is the best "how to start your custom layer" that exists these days. I intend to make better documentation for this myself and setup it up on the 4coder website soon, but it's not there yet.