4coder»Forums
3 posts
4.0.29 Crash when autocompleting invalid paths in open file mode
Edited by Runar on Reason: Initial post
Hi!

I have noticed that the new release sometimes crash when I try to open files.
This happens if I try to use tab on the root of a drive, like "Open: C:", without the "/". "Open: C:/" works.

In the old version, it simply does not list any folders or files, which is the expected result, and it does not crash.

Also, I can't change color settings for themes directly in the program anymore. I get that the key-binding alt-c is gone, but when I run the "open_color_tweaker" command, it lists the themes, but without the "Click to Edit" option. Not a big issue, but it was nice to have.

Other than that I really enjoy the new release!
Michal Mach
1 posts
For me it's crashing every time when I launch 4coder from windows start menu (e.g. Win Key, <searching for 4ed>, enter) and trying to open a file with Ctrl + O. WinDBG is reporting an 'Access violation'.

The funny thing is, that when I launch 4coder from command line or from explorer, it's not crashing.
3 posts
Yeah, I also tried running it with a debugger(CDbg) now.
I get an Access violation at line 772 in 4coder_lists.cpp:
if (full_file_name.str[full_file_name.size - 1] != '/' && ....

full_file_name is empty, so I guess that's a problem.
1 posts
sp3cnazzz
For me it's crashing every time when I launch 4coder from windows start menu (e.g. Win Key, <searching for 4ed>, enter) and trying to open a file with Ctrl + O. WinDBG is reporting an 'Access violation'.

The funny thing is, that when I launch 4coder from command line or from explorer, it's not crashing.

The exact same thing is happening to me as well.
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
Ahh thanks for the report, it should be fixed in the upcoming patch build.