4coder»Forums
4 posts
Performance on Linux 64-bit
Edited by EverCursed on Reason: Initial post
The new update seems to have created a performance issue. Whenever a list is displayed, CPU usage spikes.

Below screenshot is when 4coder is launched. Nothing strange to see here.

After opening the interactive open menu:

Same thing happens when opening the new commands menu:

Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
This is my mistake. In 4.0.29 the listers enter an infinite animation loop, which prevents 4coder from sleeping like it normally does when nothing is happening. I have fixed this bug already and it shouldn't be a problem in the next build.
4 posts
Edited by EverCursed on
This seems to still be an issue in the recent build. Was the fix accidentally left out? O.o

Edit: There is still an issue where it uses the CPU while nothing is going on. Additionally, if you use the arrow keys to scroll through the list, it becomes unable to keep up queuing up the actions until the entire app begins to freeze up.

To offer another clue (or make things more confusing), the workaround to this seems to be to move the mouse around above the list. As soon as the mouse moves (and forces the app to start redrawing the list, I assume), the app starts to catch up and do work scrolling through the list.

Sorry about the textual descriptions. This laptop is weak enough as it is, I don't think I'll have much luck recording the behavior!
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
Hmm weird. Windows also had the CPU bug so I assumed it was just a bug in the core, but it sounds like I should take a look at Linux specifically and see what else is causing the problem there. Thanks for the heads up I'll keep it on my todo list.