4coder»Forums
2 posts
ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)
Hotkeys are not working when non-English keyboard layout is selected.
Edited by Fothsid on
Title speaks for itself.
Bought 4coder yesterday and this is what I immediatly ran into, since my main keyboard layout is Cyrillic :^)
Simon Anciaux
1337 posts
You can have a look there to customize your keys: Customization layer - getting started.

And since I didn't add it to the thread, there is a way to remap only the keys you want.

If you make a "standard" Cyrillic key config, you could share it here for other to use.
2 posts
ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)
By "main keyboard layout is Cyrillic" I mean that in my system, Cyrillic is a primary layout and defaults to it every time I run any program. Plus I'm constantly switching (mostly using Alt+Shift Windows' hotkey) between English and Cyrillic layouts during coding and, for example, writing text in Russian, and I need hotkeys working with both keyboard layouts, as far as I understand, it has nothing to do with customizing hotkeys.
Simon Anciaux
1337 posts
Edited by Simon Anciaux on Reason: typo
4coder uses virtual key codes for setting up hotkeys, so it will not be able to have a hotkey with a Cyrillic letter do the same thing as a Roman letter unless you set both hotkeys. It's not going to be fun but you'll need to set two hotkeys for each command you want to use.

If you call default_keys(context); in your startup hook, you can than just bind keys in Cyrillic and you should get both shortcuts working.
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
Unfortunately keyboard input handling is not sophisticated enough for what you're trying to do right now. Fixing this is in my 2019 road map, and I'm hoping to get to it sooner rather than later, once this final round of major feature upgrades goes out, that will be one of my main priorities.