We are currently in the process of converting the website to the new design. Some pages, like this one, are still broken. We appreciate your patience.
4coder»Forums
Jason
235 posts
Next release of 4coder?
Edited by Jason on Reason: Initial post
Just wondering if, when Alan and Casey were streaming, Alan mentioned a timetable when he hoped he would release the newest version of 4coder (with Casey's changes fully integrated)? I only watched part of the stream so might of missed a mention of it if he did at all. I'm very much anticipating this next release!!
Allen Webster
476 posts / 7 projects
Heyo
Next release of 4coder?
The next release is still coming, but a time table is pretty tricky. This is a big update, there's everything Casey has been adding, plus a lot of stuff I was already doing, and it's not even done coming together! There also needs to be a big round of testing on all these changes and then I need to update the documentation. Given the amount of work there is it's hard to put a timetable on it but I think it may be ready to go sometime in May sound like reasonable guesses; but again I stress that you shouldn't hold me to that, it's just a very rough guess.
Jason
235 posts
Next release of 4coder?
Okay, no problem. I was just curious. Thanks for the response.
Ruben Osorio
4 posts
Graphics & VFX Working for Rockstar North Opinions my own
Next release of 4coder?
Bumping this for all the selfish reasons :P

Has there been any news on the next version? I seem to remember that there were gonna be a lot of API changes and didn't want to invest a huge amount of time in my new big custom layer to have to change it very significantly :)

Cheers all!

And thanks again for all your work Allen! :D
Allen Webster
476 posts / 7 projects
Heyo
Next release of 4coder?
Yes this build is still on it's way. I got unexpected interrupted so things are taking longer than what I originally predicted.
Gareth Hubball
4 posts
Next release of 4coder?
Thank you for the updates. Take your time though please, 4coder is already amazing and very stable.