4coder»Forums
Jason
235 posts
Next release of 4coder?
Edited by Jason on Reason: Initial post
Just wondering if, when Alan and Casey were streaming, Alan mentioned a timetable when he hoped he would release the newest version of 4coder (with Casey's changes fully integrated)? I only watched part of the stream so might of missed a mention of it if he did at all. I'm very much anticipating this next release!!
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
Next release of 4coder?
The next release is still coming, but a time table is pretty tricky. This is a big update, there's everything Casey has been adding, plus a lot of stuff I was already doing, and it's not even done coming together! There also needs to be a big round of testing on all these changes and then I need to update the documentation. Given the amount of work there is it's hard to put a timetable on it but I think it may be ready to go sometime in May sound like reasonable guesses; but again I stress that you shouldn't hold me to that, it's just a very rough guess.
Jason
235 posts
Next release of 4coder?
Okay, no problem. I was just curious. Thanks for the response.
Ruben Osorio
4 posts
Graphics & VFX Working for Rockstar North Opinions my own
Next release of 4coder?
Bumping this for all the selfish reasons :P

Has there been any news on the next version? I seem to remember that there were gonna be a lot of API changes and didn't want to invest a huge amount of time in my new big custom layer to have to change it very significantly :)

Cheers all!

And thanks again for all your work Allen! :D
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
Next release of 4coder?
Yes this build is still on it's way. I got unexpected interrupted so things are taking longer than what I originally predicted.
Gareth Hubball
4 posts
Next release of 4coder?
Thank you for the updates. Take your time though please, 4coder is already amazing and very stable.