4coder»Forums
2 posts
Unable to open include files
Edited by Santette on Reason: Initial post
Hello !
Firstly, I want you to know that i'm fairly new to c / c++ programming or compiling. I felt in love with 4coder as soon as I saw it.
So I would know why I'm getting this error:

C:\4coder>custom\bin\buildsuper_x64-win.bat custom\4coder_santette.cpp
4coder_santette.cpp
c:\4coder\custom\4coder_base_types.h(165): fatal error C1083: Impossible d'ouvrir le fichier include : 'stdint.h' : No such file or directory
4coder_metadata_generator.cpp
c:\4coder\custom\4coder_base_types.h(165): fatal error C1083: Impossible d'ouvrir le fichier include : 'stdint.h' : No such file or directory
'metadata_generator' n’est pas reconnu en tant que commande interne
ou externe, un programme exécutable ou un fichier de commandes.
4coder_santette.cpp
Impossible de trouver C:\4coder\metadata_generator*
Impossible de trouver C:\4coder\*.exp
Impossible de trouver C:\4coder\*.obj
Impossible de trouver C:\4coder\*.lib

Yes, my output is in french, sorry ^^
Basicly it says thet i'm unable to open header files...
I tried a clean install of visual studio and it worked for like 2 hours or so.
Maybe I dont have all packages needed ?

Thanks in advance :)
Simon Anciaux
1337 posts
Which version of Visual Studio do you use ? How do you build ?
Have you tried calling vcvarsall.bat yourself in a console before building (from that console) ? It shouldn't be necessary, but since the compiler doesn't find a standard header their might be something broken with that.
What modifications did you do in the custom layer ?

Could you try to build a clean version of 4coder to see if you still have the problem ?

Also there is a getting started article in the wiki that might help you.
2 posts
mrmixer

Have you tried calling vcvarsall.bat yourself in a console before building (from that console) ? It shouldn't be necessary, but since the compiler doesn't find a standard header their might be something broken with that.

YES !! Thaks it was exactly that ! I have tried it once but didn't knew it has to be in the same console !! Ty a lot :)