4coder»Forums
4 posts
Is the editor still in development?

Hi, I've been using 4coder and is great, I love it. But it lacks some functionality, it's still kind of immature, and adding functionality is kind of a pain in the butt, eiter writing it or integrating someone else's code (specially finding that code). I know it's in beta, so it's normal, but it haven't been updated in like half a year, nor I've red plans for the future of it in that same time, so I'm worried. Is it still being developed?

I know Allen is bussy with other projects, including Dion, so I'm not criticising the lack of new builds, I just will like to know what's happening.

Simon Anciaux
1341 posts

You should probably ask on the 4coder discord server (you can find a link on twitter) as Allen doesn't come here often. If you do get an answer, I'd appreciate if you'd report it here.

4 posts
Replying to mrmixer (#26053)

Thanks, I will

4 posts
Replying to JPereira (#26059)

The invitation is invalid :(

Simon Anciaux
1341 posts

It worked for me by using the link https://discord.com/invite/NQEdQSU directly in the discord application (Add a server on the left, Join a server at the bottom).

4 posts
Edited by JPereira on
Replying to mrmixer (#26066)

I joined discord and asked. Allen answered me this:

"I am not currently developing 4coder. But I intend to pick it up again soon to get the codebase organized for open sourcing.

When it goes open source I will mostly be done maintaining 4coder, but I hope others will fork it and take it in new directions on their own. The official 4coder will be frozen in roughly the current state."

Simon Anciaux
1341 posts

Thanks for letting me know.