4coder»Forums
Johannes Wüller
1 posts
Segmentation fault: libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so

Hi there!

I'm trying to run on an Arch Linux installation, but it fails with:

ALSA lib dlmisc.c:337:(snd_dlobj_cache_get0) Cannot open shared library libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so (/usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
ALSA ERR: snd_pcm.open(&pcm, "default", SND_PCM_STREAM_PLAYBACK, 0): [-6]
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

My system uses PipeWire as a PulseAudio replacement, so the equivalent library should probably be /usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pipewire.so.

Can I run 4coder without sound until PipeWire is supported?

Mārtiņš Možeiko
2559 posts / 2 projects
Edited by Mārtiņš Možeiko on

You can install alsa-plugins that will provide this .so

But I don't think that's a problem. That dlopen comes from inside of alsa, not 4coder code itself. I think you don't have proper alsa configuration for pipewire or "default" output. Do you have pipewire-alsa installed (and no pulseaudio-alsa) ?

Alternatively simply comment out all audio code in functions in 4coder code here (just leave empty functions there): https://github.com/Dion-Systems/4coder/blob/master/platform_linux/linux_4ed_audio.cpp

8 posts

This happened to me a while ago. I had to reconfigure what my proper output device was in the alsa mixer utility, as it was misreading some other device that was connected to my pc as an audio device (which it was not, causing alsa initialization to fail and a seg fault to occur)

Simon Anciaux
1337 posts

To disable audio, I believe you can just comment def_audio_init(); in the default_startup command in 4coder_default_hooks.cpp.