clankill3r
Doeke
29 posts

None

#9212 Multiple Cursors
1 year, 9 months ago

Hey,

here is a request for multiple cursors.
I really love them in sublime and the jetbrain editors.

Tell me if you love them too.

None
gingerBill
Ginger Bill
219 posts / 2 projects

I am ginger thus have no soul.

#9217 Multiple Cursors
1 year, 9 months ago

I've discussed this with Allen before but it's kind of impossible due the "cursor system" in 4coder. 4coder uses a mark-based system (like emacs) which is incompatible with a selection-based system that Sublime uses.

If 4coder did support the option to change the cursor kind, then it may be possible, but I doubt it will be available any time soon (I'm might be wrong).
Mr4thDimention
Allen Webster
402 posts / 2 projects

Heyo

#9219 Multiple Cursors
1 year, 9 months ago Edited by Allen Webster on Nov. 2, 2016, 9:45 p.m. Reason: grammar

Giner Bill's analysis is correct. In the current state multi-cursors don't work very well. Eventually I will implement the Subline paradigm with a cursor and a highlighted selection, which does work with multi-cursors. I can't make any promises but I expect to have that done some time during 2017, so keep an eye out for that.
drjeats
30 posts

I enabled the dark theme.

#9231 Multiple Cursors
1 year, 9 months ago Edited by drjeats on Nov. 3, 2016, 7:32 p.m.

What about having multiple marks?

The Emacs package does that. It's janky as hell, but I assume that's more to do with it having to emulate the cursors in Elisp than it being a fundamentally unworkable thing. Also Emacs' redisplay code is all kinds of crazy.

[EDIT] If I think about it, the worst part of multiple-cursors.el is the fact that in you can't scroll without moving the "real" cursor. Does 4coder let you scroll independently of the cursor? I'm not a backer yet (on Mac most of the time), so apologies, just sharing thoughts.
Mr4thDimention
Allen Webster
402 posts / 2 projects

Heyo

#9232 Multiple Cursors
1 year, 9 months ago

Right now 4coder keeps the cursor and scrolling view together since I'm simulating the emacs paradigm. I'll make that behavior customizable when I go to support other paradigms.
pulp_user
Simon
3 posts
#14772 Multiple Cursors
4 months, 2 weeks ago

I would also love to see this feature! I am thinking about switching from sublime to 4coder, but multi-cursor is a deal breaker for me, it has become an integral part of my workflow. Are there any updates on this? The latest I could find is from your November Blog Post "4coder November - The Detailed Todo List", in which you say you wanted to do it in November. I guess you didn't finish it in November, unless I skimmed the patchnotes too quickly. Can you put any broad ETA on this, or is it too vague? I guess implementing a completly different style of text editing is not something one does over night.
Mr4thDimention
Allen Webster
402 posts / 2 projects

Heyo

#14774 Multiple Cursors
4 months, 2 weeks ago Edited by Allen Webster on March 31, 2018, 5:47 p.m.

It hasn't happened yet. At this point the plan is to introduce it with the upgrade to 4.1.0, which is going to be a little while. Maybe later 2018, but possibly longer.