Register
4coder»Forums»Selecting text
9 posts
Selecting text
4 years ago
Just started using 4Coder and I was curious if there was a way to select text like most text editors do (usually with shift and arrow keys) or if it was all about setting markers?
Allen Webster
483 posts / 2 projects

Heyo

Selecting text
4 years ago
Right now 4coder only supports the emacs paradigm with mark/cursor being two points in the buffer.

I have a plan to someday also support the vim and modern paradigms, the modern one being what you're asking about, and that will be possible once I make the switch to the 4.1.X stage. In the mean time you'll either have to hack it in your own customization or just get use to the emacs paradigm.
9 posts
Selecting text
4 years ago
Thanks for the response. Ironically I was actually using this selection scheme in emacs.
Jens
23 posts / 1 project
Selecting text
5 months ago
Current version is 4.1.6 if I understood correctly, is this still the case?

I've never used emacs before so having a familiar editing paradigm would convince me to replace my current text editor.

But if I understood how "emacs selection" works it shouldn't be that tricky to customize yourself. Has anybody tried it?
Simon Anciaux
899 posts
Selecting text
5 months ago
There is now an option in the configuration file to use a notepad mode to switch to "shift + arrows" for selection.
Jens
23 posts / 1 project
Selecting text
5 months ago
Very nice!

Thank you.