4coder»Forums
9 posts
Selecting text
Just started using 4Coder and I was curious if there was a way to select text like most text editors do (usually with shift and arrow keys) or if it was all about setting markers?
Allen Webster
476 posts / 6 projects
Heyo
Selecting text
Right now 4coder only supports the emacs paradigm with mark/cursor being two points in the buffer.

I have a plan to someday also support the vim and modern paradigms, the modern one being what you're asking about, and that will be possible once I make the switch to the 4.1.X stage. In the mean time you'll either have to hack it in your own customization or just get use to the emacs paradigm.
9 posts
Selecting text
Thanks for the response. Ironically I was actually using this selection scheme in emacs.
Jens
51 posts / 1 project
Selecting text
Current version is 4.1.6 if I understood correctly, is this still the case?

I've never used emacs before so having a familiar editing paradigm would convince me to replace my current text editor.

But if I understood how "emacs selection" works it shouldn't be that tricky to customize yourself. Has anybody tried it?
Simon Anciaux
1337 posts
Selecting text
There is now an option in the configuration file to use a notepad mode to switch to "shift + arrows" for selection.
Jens
51 posts / 1 project
Selecting text
Very nice!

Thank you.